Thursday, July 02, 2009

Half over

It seems as if it was yesterday when everyone was wishing a happy new year. And today six months have passed in a flash. It seems like a dream that half of the year has passed by so quickly, just gone.

And when I glance back, I don't think I have done or achieved anything significant in terms of deen or dunya. I'm not being ungrateful, alhamdolillah Allah has showered his blessing upon me. Its just that when I look back, I don't see anything that I have done to thank Him.

I was discussing this with a colleague and according to him he has done something in regard to both deen & dunya. He got married in the first half of this year and has thus achieved a milestone, according to him :P

Jokes apart, what are we really doing in terms of making this world and the hereafter better for us. We have the same old routine, home-school/job-home. We listen to Azaan as if the call for prayers is for someone else and don't pay attention to it. We become muslims every Friday and on Eid days & you can see the mosques flooding with people. Its so odd, isn't it?

Think about it people, half of the year has gone. Let's make the other half productive ( and by that I don't mean you go out and get married :P )

Take care, keep smiling & keep blogging :)

.

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...