Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sleepin in the Bus

Have you ever fallen asleep in a Bus. It seems so odd. Apart from the noise, the pollution & the uncomfortable seat, there is always the feeling of insecurity, of strangeness, of sleeping in a foreign place.A few days ago, I travelled in a UTS series bus. It was very much crowded and I had to stand at the back of the bus during the whole trip. Since I had nothing to do, I started looking over at the other passengers.The AC was on & the weather inside was quite good. I noticed the most unusual thing. I have seen people sleep in buses but this was a sight to see.Almost 70% of the people sitting on the seats were asleep.That is about 15 people.and you wouldn't believe how mad one of the passengers got when the conductor asked for his ticket. It was as if he was there to sleep. I couldn't stop smiling the whole trip seeing those people sleep so soundly, falling here and there, waking for a brief moment then going back to sleep after adjusting themselves. It really amused me.and the interesting thing is that I started yawning but before I could get a seat, my stop came. I never have slept in a bus.How about you ?

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...