Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy New Year :)

It seems like ages since I last updated my blog and I guess its time to dust off the keyboard and write something.

I’ll start with the weather. It is slowly getting cold here. I’ve stopped turning the AC on every night because then its freezing in the morning. Today morning, it was really cold, I don’t know after how many days I had to cover myself with my blanky (read blanket :P). Surprisingly, it doesn’t seem like winter when you go out. What I mean by that is everything is so green and colourful. The municipality have planted beautiful flowers on the side of the roads and they look so nice and lovely. It feels really nice to just sit outside and look at them :)

I went to Pakistan on Eid-ul-Azha. It was an awesome feeling :) I can not tell you how good it feels to be with your loved ones. A person can only know how I feel if they have lived away from their family and then go on to meet them. When I was leaving Pakistan, I had actually thought that I will come back in two or three years but then I missed my family so much that I just couldn’t resist and went for Eid and Eid-ul-Azha. The trip was really good and I enjoyed a lot. Met with old colleagues and friends, played loads of PS3, had long gup shups etc. This Eid-ul-Azha was also cool because I got the chance to talk to a new friend which felt really nice. Thank you for that :)

Overall, Thanks to Allah, life is good alhamdolillah. Dubai is an awesome place and something new happens here everyday. It seems like I just came to Dubai whereas it already has been quite a while. This year has just disappeared in to thin air, it flew by so quickly. (I know I say that every year but seriously, it does seem like it). It seems like yesterday was the first of Muharram of 1431 and already today is the 10th day of the new year 1432. Anyways, as they say, “zendagi migzara” :)

Take care friends, keep smiling and keep blogging :)


.

2 comments:

*Dulce* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Dulce* said...

Happy New Year to you too :) It's so nice to read a new post. and smile. Yes, I smile throughout reading your posts, for some weird reason. Pics do na of those flowers you talk abt! I would love to see what u sit and gaze at.

And - you are always very happy and I love that about you. May Allah keep that smile in your heart always! Ameen.

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...