Monday, November 08, 2010

Brrrrrrrr... :)

Oh yessss, winter has arrived in Dubai. Just a few days ago, it was really realllly foggy here and today morning I could feel a slight chill in the air. It is always so nice to walk in the morning (as in walk to the place where I have breakfast and then to the metro station, not walking walking :P). Which reminds me that I have to get a jacket and clothes for winter.

We take so many things for granted when we are at home, living with our family. You just open your cupboard and everything is right there. But when you live alone, it gets a bit tough. First and foremost is the problem of food. For someone like me (I once tried to boil an egg and it kinda got burnt), cooking is not an option. So you should live somewhere where you have many options for eating out or you get married :P. As you might have guessed, (NO, I didn’t get married) I live near a place from where I can get breakfast, lunch and dinner :)

And now following the weather (and life) update, we have an update on Lost Friends. No, no lost friends came back (I’m not that lucky!). In fact, I just lost another friend yesterday, a very special friend. And you wont believe how long this friendship lasted, barely three months!! That is one record that I am not at all proud of L. Hmmm, I’m beginning to think that it isn’t (always) their fault that ends friendships and (sometimes, maybe once or twice :P) it could me my fault too which ends our friendship. [Oh and this list also includes those friends whom I lost touch with because of changing schools, jobs, residence etc.]

Anyways, as hurt as I am, I know from experience that time heals all wounds and Zendagi Migzara, which means that “life goes on”, no matter what happens. To all the friends that I have lost, “May Allah give you all the happiness that you deserve and may all the tears that flow from your happiness be because of happiness, amen”. [Which roughly translates to: Jahan bhi raho, khush raho (apnay kharchay pay :P )]

Take care friends (& lost friends), keep smiling and keep blogging.

.

3 comments:

*Dulce* said...

once a friend is always a friend. Shayad koi tumse baatein karna band karde, for his/her own selfishness...magar the place that you have in his/her heart will always be there. It's hard to go back in time and erase the feelings you once dedicated to someone. and I am sure that's the case with you and him/her.

aur haan, please do buy warm clothes, pagal. yeh toh winter aane se pehle hi le lena chahye thay.

SHA said...

@Duice: That's why I call them "lost" friends. They're still friends but they're lost (without me :P)

By the way, I don't think summer main warm clothes miltay hain. Who would buy warm clothes in summer?? :P

*Dulce* said...

Ahem, its Dulce btw. it means Sweet in plain english.

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...