Monday, June 28, 2010

Chilli

Yes, I am talking about mirchi or chilli or spice, whatever you want to call it. The food here is very good alhamdolillah but I miss the spicy food of Pakistan, where the cook puts in so much spice that a normal person is bound to run to the loo within 5 minutes of finishing his meal. But not us karachites (I hope I spelled that right), right??

 

Whenever I tell someone that food here is not spicy, they look at me in a very odd way (like when you look at the" genius" of the class who tells you that the exam wasn't tough at all :P )

 

I've adjusted here alhamdolillah. Dubai isn't much different than Karachi. Well… except for the power cuts, the crowded buses, street crime, water shortage etc. etc. etc. But to tell you the truth, I sometimes miss that. When I board the clean, air-conditioned, uncrowded metro (in which most people do not smell that bad) I miss travelling in Karachi's bus. Clutching the door handle for your life and taking in the cool chilly air of Karachi's winters :D

 

Two things that are very different here. One is the food. You'll find anything and everything to eat here but amma kay haath kay parathay ka maza kahin nahin milay ga :(

Also, you would have guessed, the food isn't as spicy.

 

Secondly, the cars come from the wrong side of the road. I mean come on people, at least warn the newcomer. There I am (lost in the thoughts of "someone" :P ) and planning to cross the road. I look towards my right and there are no cars coming so I decide to cross. However, living in Karachi has taught me many things (one of them is to look at both sides of the road even if it's a one way road :P )and just as a precaution, I look to the left as well. And whooooosh!!!! There goes this black Ford GT almost taking me with it. Then I realize that cars drive on the other side!!! (duh!!)

 

Oh yes, one more thing. For some crazy reason, people think that it's hot here. And as I said before, they still look at me "oddly" when I say that the weather is great :D (Of course it's great. After going through power failures that lasted for more than 12 hours with the temperature being 46-48 in Karachi, Dubai's weather feels like a pleasant summer :P ). However, as friend very aptly puts it, "Dil ka mausam acha ho to hur mausam accha lugta hay gee". So maybe that's the case :P

 

Anyways friends, time to leave. Take care of yourselves, keep smiling and keep blogging :)

 

.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolss seems like you are loving it there... which is a gud thing :D glad to see you happy :D

OOHHOO we need to talk ... major talk ... :D

when can i catch ya on msn ?
been ages i didnt talk to ya :(
mizzed you

munazza razzak said...

I didn't think u like spicy things, (bechare chaat wale of karachi YEHI sochte rahe!!!!!)Ab un ko kya pata aap ka taste lolzz
R u really talking about spices or something else;)p
Only Amma's parathas yaad ate hain or jooota also:)
ru consider ur self as genius;( reconsider it!

U ALSO THOUGHT DUBAI IS HOT! WHT HAPPEN TO YOUR MEMORY?
TAKE CARE

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...