Sunday, June 06, 2010

Rain... or not

I'm sure my audience (or what's left of it :p) is expecting a post on rain since Karachi is flooded with showers these days with no electricity, the streets are flooded, schools and offices are closed and what not but can't post much because…

 

Yesterday I completed my very first week in Dubai. Yes, by the grace of Allah, I've moved to Dubai alhamdolillah.

 

The first week at work went well alhamdolillah. The people here are nice and very cooperative.

 

Dubai is simply awesome and not as expensive as people say it is (or maybe I've been here just a week and am living with a friend so it doesn't seem expensive.). But the life here is very very busy as well as commercialized. People don't have the time to talk; they are just walking engrossed in their thoughts. However, if you ever stop anyone to ask something (I stopped a lot of them to ask for directions :S) then they're very cooperative (or maybe its my charm :p) and they wouldn't even mind taking you there.

 

I'm living with a friend in Sharjah these days and trying to find accommodation before he throws me out (for overstaying my welcome). Need lots of prayers my friends. Sharjah is very similar to Karachi. Feels very homely and Karachi like :)

 

Will post some pictures soon of the Dubai Mall Fountain, Burj Khalifa (from outside coz it costs 400 AED to go in!!!), Burj-ul-Arab (obviously from the outside and from far away :p) and last but not the least, the aquarium tunnel inside the Dubai Mall. The last one is the most amazing. They have more than 300 sharks inside the aquarium and they say that the sharks don't eat the other fish because they are fed at 1600hrs every day and are always full (which kinda seems impossible, how do they find 300 sharks in that large aquarium and feed them???)

 

Anyways, if you're planning to visit Dubai then do let me know beforehand (so I can hide/runaway :p) so we could meet up :)

 

Take care friends, stay happy, keep smiling and keep blogging.

 

.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oho that is simply amazing .... :D i am so happy for you and loads and loads of prayers on your way... inshallah you'll settle down soon... jst give yourself sometime... nothing gona happen over night...

now i know why you disappeared in thin air LOL ....

cant express how happy i am to see an update... :D

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...