Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Exams are coming

Just after writing the title, I've gone totally blank. Things like have I studied enough, is my preparation complete, have I missed anything are circling in my mind. While these thoughts continue to haunt me day and night, I've started receiving wedding invitations from different friends and relatives and with exams right around the corner, I don't know what to do. Dare I say it but exams bring a sort of excitement in our my life. Yesterday, I came across two school students, discussing O' levels chemistry, moles and bonding and all that stuff and I got so nostalgic. It was as if yesterday when I did my O' levels. Time passes so quickly doesn't it. Anyways just watched Spider-Man 2 and something that Peter Parker said hit me right on the head. It went something like this:
"You can't imagine how complicated a thing like reaching somewhere at 8 o' clock can become"
Wow. I couldn't have said it better. Seems so true whenever you get late for uni/office.
One more thing thats been bugging me these days. The day a students pass Intermediate, they head for preparation centres. Whats that all about. Aren't the colleges preparing them enough. There was a time when people studied themselves and got admissions. Also considering the amount of people passing every year, isn't there a need for another university. Not everyone can afford to go abroad, or take admission in universities like FAST, SZABIST and LUMS. And not everyone is a genius to get admissions in the likes of KU and NED. So what are the rest of the students supposed to do. I heard that KU has banned admissions in Masters to people who do not have a Karachi Board background of Matric and Intermediate. This means you are clearly discouraging people who want to do O & A Levels which is definitely far better than Matric & Inter (No offence to matric & inter students). Take O & A Levels as an example of how easy it is to get educated. You can give O & A Level papers anytime after 13 years of age, there is no restriction of doing O Levels before A Levels. I know its a bit expensive but believe me its worth it.
I know this post has been a bit random, but I've got exams and I'm sure all of us have been down that road sometime in our life.
Okay friends, thats it for now, keep bloging.


.

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...