Tuesday, July 09, 2013

As salam u alaikum

It really has been a while. The last time I blogged was last Ramadan. Can't believe how quickly time passes.

I guess one post per year doesn't really qualify me to call myself a blogger. So I'll be just a random writer, writing whenever I feel like it or get time.

So much has happened since then. Hmm, where to start from.

The weather here is extremely hot these days. And along with that, there is a lot of humidity. You get drenched even if you stand outside for five minutes. The problem is that it is as cold inside (due to the air conditioning) as it is hot outside. As a result, yours truly now has a bad cold and cough. Please pray for me. I am always in need of prayers.


I turned 30 last year (yay). The big Three O. Doesn't seem like a major accomplishment I guess :) But alhamdolillah, I am grateful to Allah. We never think about this but despite all the bad things that we do, Allah still gives us so much freedom and leeway. I read somewhere that (start of a bad translation) don't be unhappy that Allah doesn't fulfill your wishes immediately instead, be thankful that He does not punish you immediately for your sins.



Ramadan, the holiest of months is upon us. I read somewhere that you should at least finish reading the whole Quran in Ramadan and then finish one more in between one Ramadan and the next. I am planning to do it in-sha-Allah. If you do too then please comment as it will encourage me and others to do so as well. (By others, I mean the non-existent readers ;) )

I guess this is about it for today. Will post again (soon in-sha-Allah).

Take care friends, keep smiling and keep blogging :)

1 comment:

Anaa said...

It is said that time flies and it is indeed true . I guess hamre waqt se barkat uth gaye hai .

About finishing the whole Quran in Ramadan , I am planning to read more Quran from now on . Life is too short ,, we should make full use of it by doing good deeds .

Stay Blessed

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...