Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To Old Friends and New

I remember the names of my first friends. I probably made them when I was five or six years old. I don't remember their faces but remember their names. I lost touch with them when we moved from there.

The next memory that I have is when I was in Class 1, then its of Class 3, then Class 5 and then Class 8. I lost a lot of friends after Class 8 since half of our class went on to do Matriculation and the rest of us went on to do O Levels. The three years of O Levels are some of the best of my life. We enjoyed, we studied and we had a lot of masti. Those years were really good and I still miss those times and those friends.

After that I made friends in my university and we had good fun times in those years. Once I started working, I lost contact with those friends as well.

After that, my friends changed when my job changed. I made excellent friends while working and I will miss them no matter where I go. even this blog has given me some great friends whom I miss.

There are friends who left, sometimes because of my stupidities and sometimes because of their own ( :P ). and there are some who have chosen to stay and tolerate me (read bask in my awesomeness :P)

This post is dedicated to all those friends. These people gave me their time, they would listen to me when I wanted to talk, they would cheer me up when I was down and they would definitely bring me back to the ground when I started to fly too high :P

To all my friends, old and new, people who are still a part of my life and people who 'were' a part of my life: All of you have contributed to what I am today [good or bad :P (yes, ofcourse, I blame you people for it :P)]. I miss you all.

I end this post with a saying of Hazrat Ali (RA): "Unfortunate is the one who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them (Through his deeds)".

Take care friends, keep smiling and keep blogging.


.

3 comments:

*Dulce* said...

You life seems to a very "happening" one. so many friends to keep and lose. I, on the other hand, don't have one! lol...no i am not an ogress.

SHA said...

Doesn't that negate your comment about your "gift of making people friendly" on your post "Something that I miss" ??

*Dulce* said...

I can make people friendly...but i can't keep them for life...b.c of...some...restrictions.

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...