Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another random post


Ramadan is passing so quickly that its simply unbelievable. It's the 21st of Ramadan here today and Eid is just around the corner.

I would go out with friends as Eid came near, to look for what to wear on Eid, get new chappals (slippers) [but wear old ones to the Eid prayer as someone stole my new ones once :( ], eat out loads, raid all the all you can eat buffets until they would put up our pictures on the door saying that we weren't allowed because we ate so much :P

And Eid day is always special. *sigh [Pata nahin kyun yahan ki har cheez say mujhay apnay watan ki yaad aati hay :S ]

Anyways, today was a bad day for kids on the Metro (and maybe for me too). And I say that because of two things that happened on the Metro today. Firstly, I was sitting on this large seat that seats six to seven people [well.. it would seat just 5 people if all of them were like me :P] and they were all part of one (big) family. One of the lady had a small baby boy (maybe an year, year and a half old) in her lap. Suddenly this really bad smell filled the cabin and I was sure the kid had pooped. The lady thought the same thing and you wouldn't believe it but an actual poop check started to happen. First she smelled the kid's bottom, then she passed the kid to the person next to her and she did the check, who passed it to the guy next to her and he actually put his hand in the poor baby's pajamas. Gosh!!!, can you imagine how embarassed the kid would be feeling at that time. I'm glad they didn't pass the kid to me to check :P Anyways, it remained a mystery as to the kid had really done it or not because the family got off before they (and myself) could find out.

The second incident, which I'm sure many of you have faced, was of a crying baby. His voice was worse than "screeching nails on a blackboard". And the parent was least concerned. I felt like banging my head on the door, or breaking the window and jumping out. And the worst part is that the kid would quieten up every once in a while but then start off again with even more enthusiasm :(. It was as if he enjoyed torturing us with his crying voice. Kids have become such sadists these days.

I remember when I was a kid [not that I'm not one right now (yeah right, with my twenty-ish ;) birthday in two weeks)], I was such a shy, quiet and innocent kid (just as I am now :P )

Anyways, this afternoon's train ride was quite errmmm, interesting. I like travelling in the metro or buses just because of these interesting human interactions :)

Take care people, keep smiling and keep blogging :)

.

1 comment:

*Dulce* said...

heheheheh this post has me laughing so hard!!!!

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...