Monday, August 31, 2009

Home

Sitting alone in a hotel room in a small city in Punjab. I can see from the window, rain drizzling down on a small green field, its a beautiful view but it doesn't feel right, there's something missing.

That something is my city Karachi, the feeling of being home, the feeling of belonging, the feeling of freedom. Rain falling on the charcoal roads of Karachi looks better to me than rain falling over here.

They say that home is where the heart is and my heart is definitely in Karachi (these days :P) Oh how I miss home and I'm still here a week abhi. My city is my city, Karachi is Karachi. Today when I got calls/msgs from friends telling me that it was raining in Karachi, I missed my city a lot. (I know all of you called me to tease me knowing that I love rain). According to the weather forecast, its going to rain the next three days as well, I wish it rains when I come back :)

I pray that it rains and brings prosperity to all and the rains pass by leaving everyone safe and happy, ameen :)

It seems like ages since I had home made pakoray, cholay etc. I've never felt homesick before. I guess that since this is the first time I'm away from home in Ramadan that's why I feel like this.

I salute all those who live away from home because of their responsibilities. It really is a tough thing to do. May Allah give them courage and help them to come back home safely & quickly, ameen :)

Take lotsa care friends and remember me in your prayers when possible :)

.

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...