Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cricket Fever

Okay I know this is way too late to post about it and I'm sorry I've been away for so long but hey, the good thing is that I'm back :)
I went to the stadium to see the first day of the 3rd test between Pakistan & India and the atmosphere was just great. Except for waking up at 0600 to reach the stadium by 0730, everything else was ok. I was with 2 of my friends and we were seated well before the match started. Just as the match was getting started, the announcer at the stadium recited verses from the Quran and everyone in the stadium went quiet but I couldn't believe it, when during the qirat, the umpires and pakistani batsmen entered the ground and the crowd went wild. Showing no respect, they started shouting and howling and it was a bad sight. I know they didn't show it on TV and I don't know if it happens often (being my first time to the stadium) but it was pathetic.
Anyways the day went great, with 14 wickets falling in the day, what more could a person want. The cricket was as exciting as it could get. One odd thing that happened was me getting calls & messages that people saw me on TV during the match. We had ditched two not so good friends to go to the match and unfortunately they saw me too so its sort of a cold war out here :).
To end it all, life has been exciting, although I did miss blogging but I think its slowly getting out of my system.
Take care friends & keep blogging.

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...