Thursday, November 25, 2004

Miss being a kid

Sometimes, I miss being a kid.. even though things weren't always so great.. there was something to look forward too.. adulthood sucks eh? There was always something to look forward to, an entire life that we couldn't plan.. something waiting around the corner of our teens.. waiting to swallow us.. and change us. Now that we're so much older, it's not so much that we don't have anything to look forward to. There's work, marriage, children, grandchildren.. but there's a weariness associated with it. The weariness of a soul that has seen much and still hopes for good times, but one, that misses the innocence lost. There are a myriad paths and none that distinguishes one from the other. It's like being in a haunted house. I'm in a room with a hundred doors in front of me. Life is chasing me, forcing me to pick one, and I don't know which one to pick because I don't know what each of them will lead to. People say, just close your eyes and pick a door, but they don't know the indecision and the agony that it could lead to. So much is resting on my choices. I almost feel like it's too late to not make a decision, yet, if I make a wrong decision, it's too late to turn back. I'm waiting for the wind to sway me into a particular direction, and open a door that fate chooses.


SHA

No comments:

Ramadan

Falling ill is one of the worst things that can happen to a person living alone in pardes (foreign country). From our childhood we have seen...